Sunday, July 10, 2011

Beautiful Blessing

Before Rhees and I got married we had a discussion about having children. I had a 15yr old and 6 miscarriages so as you can guess I was hesitate. He doesn't have any children and LOVES them. So, after talking I knew that I just didn't want anymore because I was afraid. I knew that if God wanted us to have kids then His plan would be perfect. Rhees and I would really love to have our own kids but adoption was an option if that's what God wanted for us. We talked after we got married about when we wanted to start trying. We agreed that we needed a few months to ourselves but don't want to wait too long because of age. Since birthcontrol tends to take about three months to get out of your system we stopped it in May. This gave us time for it to get out of my system and maybe have the due date be in the summer. You know that is ideal for teachers so we don't have to take many or any days off. Well, through all of this planning I really knew God kept telling me: as humans we have to make some plans and be responsible....but God's plan will never let you down. For the first time I just set aside the control of when it "had" to happen. God will take care of the details. I'm not saying I was perfect at it but it was so freeing to know that I could just enjoy life and let him do the work. Not to get gross but just enjoy sex instead of focusing on making a baby. Well, to my surprise and delight on Saturday 7-9-11 I found out I was pregnant!!!!! I could not believe it!! I kept taking test because I was just in shock. I haven't even been off birthcontrol for 3 months.


The next step was to tell the man I love that we are going to share the experience of having a baby!!! So, after thinking I came up with a plan. We went to the park where he proposed to me and of course there was someone in "our" spot. Just like last time. So, we started to feed the ducks and guess what came up.......a BABY duck!!!! Yes, it was so cute and fit our moment perfectly! Well, we found a table and I read a little poem that I wrote for him:



God has changed our life in so many ways




Blessings are all around us today




I could hardly wait to tell you




We have a precious baby on the way



Then I had a little box with a bow on it for him. When he opened it there was a note that said, " Congrats Daddy!!! We're Pregnant!!! Then there were 3 positive pregnancy test in the box.



After that we cried, laughed, and were smiling from ear to ear!!!! And then my most favorite thing about our relationship. We prayed together for this baby and for our family. We dedicate this baby to the Lord and are blessed that God would want us to raise one of his children!!!



07-10-11



Because of past problems that I have had we are waiting to tell everyone. So, when we went to church I'm sure we were all smiles! But the message couldn't be anymore perfect for us. It was about how God wants us to have blessings.



~Side note: Necia has been begging for us to have a baby. She has really been wanting one around. So, she always teases me by rubbing my belly and saying how's the baby? Well, I always giggle and say stop! Well, today during church she started doing that and I wanted to tell her so bad! So, when we got home I couldn't resist. I told her. She is super excited and said she kind of suspected it.



07-11-11



Well, it's Monday and doctors offices are open so let the calling begin! I talked to several and haven't made a final decision. I live in a smaller community and I just am not sure I'm comfortable about delivering in a hospital without a NICU. Maybe I shouldn't think like that but I just want to be prepared. So, still thinking on the doctor. But my regular OBGYN was kind enough to order some lab work today and then again Wed. to compare. This will make me feel so much better!!!!! She can see if I need progesterone. This is one thing they can do to help you not miscarry. I need all the help I can get!



~Later we filled in our parents on the exciting news!!!! There were tears of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment